Tuesday, December 31, 2013

As another year comes to an end...

I haven't written in a really long time. The month of December was just crazy and then the holidays came and so I find myself writing this up before I head out for NYE.

2013 has been one of my best years yet, and I don't think I really expected that it would be. I started off the year, with a wonderful student teaching experience. I had the opportunity to be placed with 3 host teachers who taught me more than I ever would have thought possible. They are 3 educators who really love the profession and they helped show me how much I could love it as well.

My hard work was then paid off when I graduated from college in May. College both flew by and lasted forever. On one hand I never thought I would make it graduation and on the other, I blinked and those 4 years were over. I'll always cherish my time spent at Old Mizzou and the friends I made there.

Post-graduation. I had somewhat of a tough summer, down because it just didn't look like I was going to find a job for this school year. And then, in the middle of July, my world turned upside down when i unexpectedly interviewed and was hired at my old middle school. I truly believe that some things are just meant to be, and I'm so lucky to be working in the school that I'm in. I dearly love my co-workers and feel so supported by my administration. It's such a great environment for our kids to learn in.

2013 has been unbelievably good to me, so 2014: please follow suit!

I promise I'll be back in the next few days with some new crafts! And my bedroom re-do is almost complete :)

No comments:

Post a Comment