Saturday, October 29, 2016

Holy Grail Makeup

I'm definitely not at pro at makeup, but in the last couple of years I've really gotten into it (aka I've gotten older and I need it more). I've tried a lot of both high end and drugstore makeup, and these 12 products are the ones I can't live without.


1. Two Faced Natural Matte Eye Palette I love and adore this palette. On an average day, I am more likely to reach for mattes than shimmers, and there is nothing I reach for more often than this. The shades are so buttery and it is the only palette I own that I use every shade of. Runner up: Two Faced Natural Neutral Eye Palette This palette shares some shades with the matte palette and I often combine the two. The shade "Silk Teddy" is by far my favorite.
2. Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer I have combination to oily skin and this is the best product I've found to keep my makeup on my face. I was formerly a lover of The Makeup Forever primer which costs a hefty $36. I felt that this works as well if not better and is $30 cheaper #doesntbreakthebank
3. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Dollface Blush is probably the makeup I lose the fastest and this really does stay all day, Dollface was my favorite when I tried them out in store, but they are all beautiful. Runner up: Wet n Wild Color Icon Blush in Mellow Wine This matte blush is gorgeous and super pigmented, it's staying power is pretty good, but not quiet at the level of the Tarte blushes. I love this color for fall and for $1.99, you can't go wrong!
4. Benefit Dallas Blush I know this is technically a blush, but I use it for contour. As a pale girl, this rosy brown is perfect. In the box it appears to have some shimmer, but it goes on matte. Runner up: Two Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer Before I discovered Dallas this was my favorite, this is great, but I find Dallas a bit easier to blend
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe I adore this. I have very blonde almost non existent brows and this brings them to life. The taupe is nice because it's super cool toned. I don't know that there is anything better. I would love a drugstore option, but so far nothing has come even close for me.
6. CoverGirl Clump Crusher I'm really picky about mascaras. I need something that's not too wet and has a thin brush. I've bought and given away several high end mascaras and I keep coming back to this. 
7. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion My eyeshadow last so much longer when I wear this. This is an everyday product for me. Runner up: ELF Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer
8. ELF Makeup Mist & Set I was once loyal to the Urban Decay setting spray, but I feel like this works just as well and is super cheap. It's a total win!
9. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation This foundation is my love. I have several shades I use depending on the time of year and it's pretty flawless for me.
10. Maybelline Shine Free Oil Control Loose Powder This one is an old classic, I seriously fear that they will discontinue it, because it's so dear to my heart. It is exactly what my face needs, is somewhat translucent and sets the whole look.
11. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser I have terrible dark circles and I love the "brightener" shade of this stuff. It has great coverage and doesn't crease!
12. L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Gloss I'm not a huge lip person, and most days I just wear balm, but if I am wearing lip color it's this. It sets matte, but is comfortable. My favorite shades are Statement Nude and Forbidden Kiss


No comments:

Post a Comment