Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Adventure Themed Classroom!

This year, I embarked on my 4th year teaching. And with that, moved into my 3rd classroom.

I thought, fresh classroom, fresh start and decided to do a huge overhaul. I really wanted my room this year to feel "homey" and less "classroom-y". This year I am teaching Geography, so the adventure theme came naturally!

Most days, I spend more awake time here, than I do at home, so I have to create a space I love!


This summer I purchases a Cricut, which was one of the best things I've ever done. Not only has it fed into my love to monogram- everything, it helped me create my favorite bulletin board ever.
 These are some of the countries we will "visit" this year in Geography. For me, bulletin boards have always been more decorative than anything else, and I LOVE this one. Typically the "new" wears off pretty fast, but two months in, I'm still obsessed!




 Boy Meets World is my favorite show of all time. Mr. Feeny has always been a role model to me. So every one of my classrooms has had "Believe in yourself. Dream. Try. Do good." It's a reminder for me as much as it is for the kids.

Because of the tech set up, my desk needed to be in front of a bulletin board this year, so I decided to make it a picture wall. I made DIY Polaroids, and used my Cricut to cut out the words and bunting, as well as my name for my desk. The blocks on my desk came from ETSY and I LOVE them and always get so many compliments!


The pom-poms were another Pinterest tutorial that I bring back every year, and the other decor was picked up from Hobby Lobby! I could not love this room more and I'm so hoping I keep this room, so I don't have to redo everything next year!


My file cabinet makeover is detailed here :)



No comments:

Post a Comment