Monday, November 18, 2013

Merry and Bright

My weekend was wonderful. I spent it with 50 kids at Missouri Youth In Government and I really couldn't have picked a better way to spend it. I love the program and I couldn't have picked a better group of kids to go with if I tried. I'm so proud of them.

When I got home from YIG, I was exhausted because as fun as it was, it really was a long weekend. After I woke up from a rather uncomfortable nap on my couch, I decided it was time to decorate for Christmas. I know it's early, but I was really in the spirit. I don't have all my stuff up, and I plan on making a wreath, but the tree looks beautiful!

Last year at Christmas I was already thinking about how I would decorate my tree this year. In college my roommate and I had a really cute Mizzou (go Tigers!) themed Christmas tree.


While the actual tree and lights were mine, the ornaments were hers, so I knew I'd need to figure out what to do this year. After a little bit of thought I decided I wanted to use gold and traditional red and green. Right after Christmas last year I started looking ornaments on sale and was able to buy more than 100 for under $20. It turned out pretty well I think :)

Isn't it gorgeous?

No comments:

Post a Comment