Friday, November 8, 2013

this week in pits and peaks

pits:
- I overslept 3/5 days this week.  I seriously need to get it together and stop hitting the snooze button.
- Similarly, why am I so tired lately, I struggle not to pass out as soon as I'm home from school.
- I have way too large a stack of papers to grade this weekend.

peaks:
- Today I read an essay on Colonial Life from one of my students that almost brought me to tears It was beautifully written. It opened up with a Dr. Seuss quote and she tied the ending back into it, and it was simply amazing. Did I mention I teach 8th grade?
- It might have been a full moon, while a lot of my kids were off the wall this week, the kids I usually struggle with, we're awesome this week. Am I too optimistic to hope it's permanent?
- Next week I'm taking 17 students to the state Youth In Government convention. Which, I went to when I was in 8th-12 grade. How did I get so old?
- Today in our PAWS class, basically homeroom at the end of the day, we played Just Dance, it was ridiculously awesome.
- My dad and I are going to see Alabama in concert tomorrow night. This has seriously been on my bucket list for years, so here's some "Mountain Music" for your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment